Monday, April 7, 2014

And It Begins . . .

In my days teaching a 4th grade classroom, I remember looking into the teacher's edition of the Social Studies curriculum which focused on the history of Wisconsin and reading an article about the Ice Age Trail. Completely naïve to this trail, I overlooked it and focused instead on aspects I thought the students might appreciate more, like the fur trade and immigration.

Years later, on a drive with my wife, we came across a country road where it seemed an abnormally large amount of cars were pulled over to the side of the road. We happened to catch a glance of people trekking into the woods, Upon further review, we saw this as the beginning of an Ice Trail segment and in essence, the beginning to a new and exciting chapter of our lives.

In this blog, I hope to share with you my experiences with the trail through stories, information, and hopefully entertainment. I hope you enjoy Tales from the Trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment