Sunday, October 25, 2020

Ice Age Trail Alliance's Mammoth Hike Challenge - 40 Miles in 40 Pictures


When my family signed up for the Mammoth Hike Challenge to celebrate the Ice Age Trail's 40 years of being a National Scenic Trail, we were excited to get out on the trail we know and love so very much. We are a hiking family in all seasons, but there is something special about hiking amongst the fallen (and falling) leaves.

To date, both my wife and I have hiked over or around 60 miles. Our three kids, who completed the challenge cumulatively, passed the century mark earlier today. With just a week left, we are hoping to get out at least one more time. Until then, I have decided to celebrate our successfully completing the 40 mile challenge buy posting an assortment of 40 photos from the journey, each one with a special meaning or memory. I hope you enjoy viewing them as I enjoyed taking them.


Green above, autumn rainbow below

Always a sucker for the blanket of leaves covering the trail

Bench at Loew Lake Segment. . .memories of snack breaks with kids, Tyke Hike rest breaks, and lunch stop for Saunters students

Hiking with young children requires a diaper rock/log. Here is my first ever example, at Monches

I love creating leaf rainbows


We bop every blaze, often in creative ways

Love them!

We stop for every woolly bear, even during night hikes

Scuppernong Switchback 

My much better half

Such a lovely prairie

Cedar Lakes Kettle Loop trail

I'm  a stickler for signage

Teamwork makes the dream work

A favorite Tyke Hike natural play stop along Bark River in Delafield

Ice Age Trail Communities offer cute and quaint downtown scenes

Leaf bouquet

Powerful blaze

The Slinger Rooster

CR's can be beautiful too

I still prefer yellow blazes

Stump Jumps

An oak leaf for Oakley

The kids LOVE boardwalks

Sisterly love

Spreading milkweed whenever we can

Sunrise hike

More sisterly love

Ridge Run In West Bend

Rainy hikes offer unexpected surprises

It's a family affair

Yellow in a  sea of green

Dusk delight

More woolly bears
No filter needed


Follow the Leader

We dislike invasives, especially teasel and the dreaded garlic mustard

I love a good tree

Even more woolly bears

Every balance beam must be attempted

 

3 comments:

  1. Great photos! And wonderful to see the "tykes" out there having fun and enjoying the great outdoors on IAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you in need of finance? we give out guarantee cash at 3% interest rate. Contact us on any kind of finance now: financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com whatsapp Number +918929509036 Dr James Eric Finance Pvt Ltd

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy today because God has done it for me after going through hard times with other loan lenders and nothing works out, I was about to lose my faith and hope but I still have to stand strong and pursue what I am looking for. I am happy today because God has directed me to the best Loan Company and I didn't regret anything after contacting them and my heart desire was granted and I was given the said amount I requested for (300,000.00 USD), the money was paid into my account after two weeks of talking with the company and they didn't stress me or give me any headache in getting this loan from them, others of my family members and friends I directed to them all got their loan too, I would love you to contact pedroloanss@gmail.com . and get your loan quickly and this is safe and fast, you that have loose hope, faith and everything you have all just in the name of getting a loan and nothing work out, bet me if you try this man called Pedro Jerome , you will never regret anything and your loan request will be approve and it will be paid directly into your bank account, so hurry now and contact quick response on WhatsApp +1-8632310632. ask for any type of Loan, and it will be granted to you. I wish you the best

    ReplyDelete