Friday, April 19, 2019

Citizen Science - Wetland Monitoring Session 1

Trap time!

When I saw that our county parks system was kicking off a citizen science program and looking for people interested in helping out in the area's amazing parks and natural lands, I knew this was the PERFECT opportunity for my family. Plus, I could use it to help my classroom. I am excited to share my family's adventures as we will be helping with wetland monitoring, nestbox watching, and reptile identification.

We have had a blast and even though the adventure is just starting, we are looking forward to sharing our discoveries along the way. Here are some highlights from our first session of wetland monitoring.

Digger Crayfish. . .notice the recent hatchlings hanging on

Juvenile crayfish my daughter named Snippy . Guess why :)

Embry with Snippy in happier times

Families that monitor together stay together



Catch and release

Big Poppa


Mama crayfish with eggs

Green Frog Tadpole

How many species do you see?


Resident Ducks

The video might be pretty quiet, but the frogs that reside here certainly aren't.

Session 1 Totals

18 Crayfish, 1 tadpole, 85 snails, and even more macroinvertebrates

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everyone!

    I am Mrs Jane Brown from Florida, with a great testimony how i receive my loan from this great and Legit company after been scammed, I told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to them, i was desperately in need of a loan the sum of $30,000.00 Dollars to pay off my debt and startup a business, So happy i receive my loan few days ago ,and if you are in need of a loan and you are sure you will pay back the loan please contact and tell them that is Mrs Jane that refer you to them. (+1-586-331-5557)

    Contact Mr Jackson.
    E-mail: (jacksonwaltonloancompany@gmail.com)
    Fax: +1-586-331-5557

    Address is 68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 81240.

    ReplyDelete