Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tyke Hike Training

As coordinator of the new program Tyke Hikes, I have been able to combine three passions of mine. First, I get to explore the natural world through hiking. Secondly, I am fortunate enough to get the opportunity to teach children (and maybe adults) about all sorts of interesting topics which I get to chose (the lesson planner inside of me is doing joyous somersaults).  Lastly, I get to reflect back on the hike and express my feelings about it in written word.  I am very blessed to be able to combine hiking, teaching, and writing. Now if there was only some way to combine Brewers baseball, I would be ecstatic.  Maybe come out of mascot retirement and lead a hike as a a racing sausage?

I am quite excited for Tyke Hike #2 this Thursday. We are focusing on Wisconsin's wildlife and I have scouted out the trail and planned a session that will teach fun facts about the animals of Wisconsin as well as hitting topics like hibernation and migration and even some Lead Rush stuff.  Did I mention I am a history lover as well?

I guess the only way to find out how it goes is to show up, so join me at Monches, Thursday at 6pm.  Happy Hiking!

No comments:

Post a Comment