Saturday, August 15, 2020

Let's Play!

 Anyone who knows me knows I love to play! I play professionally. I play personally. Play guides the ins and outs of what I do. In my indoor and outdoor classroom, play leads the way. Research (and common sense) document just how important play is to an individual's health and happiness. I've also led various play days in my classroom. Some were planned out. Some were impromptu. All were beneficial.

Over the last few months, I've attended play conferences. I've expanded my play-based library. I've even signed the contract to have my first professional book published. Shockingly, it has a huge play emphasis.


I've also been able to connect more personally with other play professionals who have opened up my eyes to other ways to play. One such professional, Pat Rumbaugh, better known as the Play Lady, has showcased her group, Let's Play America.

I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing her take on play and community collaborations. It affirms what I already do and inspires me to do even more.

But I don't want (and shouldn't have) to do it alone. Luckily, I don't have to. Pat has played an integral in creating a resource that can help anyone and everyone become play experts. I highly, highly encourage you to check out the Let's Play America website linked above. For a small donation, the official Let's Play America: Play Day Handbook can be yours.

Not convinced? Take a listen to Pat's PlayGrounding Interview. I guarantee it is worth your time.

Let's Play!


No comments:

Post a Comment