Saturday, August 11, 2018

Finding Flowers - August 2018

So, I am by no means an expert at anything. I am definitely not an expert photographer or identifier of plants. That being said, when my eldest daughter said she wanted to "find flowers" I couldn't help but remember something I have wanted to do for a long time.

And, with the butterfly garden installation and native planting preparatory work already begun, it will only be a matter of time before there will be much more diversity (hopefully).


Ever since I created my school's trail, I have wanted to "inventory" the plants there so that I can keep track of how we have restored it through native plantings and seed dispersal. I have failed in doing so the last few years, but I wouldn't be denied tonight.

So, tonight, my girls and I went to the Timberwolf Trail to play and find flowers. Below are some "flowers" we found.

Keep in mind. . .
  • I know they are not all flowers. 
  • I know some are even weeds.
  • Photography is NOT a specialty of mine.
I hope to do this every so often to not only see what's out there, but to catch different flowers at different points of the year and be inspired by the beauty nature offers every day. Hopefully, you'll be inspired as well.

P.S. -  If you want to go ahead and comment with the ID of some of these wonderful items of nature, feel free.


Coneflower






Lamb's Ear


Butterflyweed


Queen Anne's Lace




Thistle




Goldenrod Gall

Oak leaf




Bergamot


Prairie Blazingstar (maybe)


Vine up a tree




Nature will prevail




No comments:

Post a Comment